FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- placeWHAT IS THE STARS4ALL CROWDFUNDING PLATFORM?
placeWHO CAN USE THE STARS4ALL CROWDFUNDING PLATFORM?
- The stars4All Crowdfunding Platform is one of the many tools of the Stars4All project. It allows you to collect funds for your project idea or to contribute and support other people's projects.
placeHOW TO USE THE STARS4ALL CROWDFUNDING PLATFORM?
- The stars4All Crowdfunding Platform is designed to support all projects dealing with the issue of light pollution and in need of funding. Whether you want to develop an app or raise awareness in your neighborhood, you can publish your project idea on the Stars4All Crowdfunding Platform and ask people to donate to your project and share the page via social media.
placeWHAT IS CROWDFUNDING?
- If you have a project idea and you're looking for funding, you're a Project Owner: you can find all information about how to develop a crowdfunding campaign on "How to set up a Campaign", and the submission procedure on "Submit a Project".
- If you don't have a project idea, but want to donate to one, you can check all ongoing projects on our "Projects" page.
placeI FORGOT MY PASSWORD, HOW CAN I RECOVER IT?
- Crowdfunding is a way of collecting funds for a specific project via the internet. It implies the collection of small amounts of money from a "crowd" of individuals who are willing to support an initiative. Usually, the individuals who are seeking funds for their projects share their idea and the link to their crowdfunding campaign page via social media and emails, but they can also organise meetings and offline communication campaigns (via newspapers and tv) to enlarge their community of supporters. More information about crowdfunding can be found on the "How does it Work" page.
placeI'VE CHANGED MY EMAIL ADRESS. HOW DO I LOGIN TO MY PERSONAL AREA?
- On the login page, click on the link "Forgot your password?" then follow the instructions.
placeIS THE REGISTRATION ON THE STARS4ALL CROWDFUNDING PLATFORM FREE?
- If you've changed your email address, use your previous email address to login. You can then update the address by going to your personal space and entering your new email address.
placeHOW DOES THE MONEY FLOW?
- Yes. Once you login, you have free access to the website and all its contents.
placeMY QUESTION IS NOT LISTED. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
- The entire transaction is secured. Once a contribution is selected and validated, the donor is asked to perform the transaction via our secure form.
- The amount of the payment is then credited to your e-wallet.
- When the collection is successful, the net amount collected will be credited to the project manager, and the amount corresponding to your contribution will be charged on to your e-wallet.
- If the Target Goal is not achieved, or the campaign is cancelled before its end, all contributors will be refunded in the following ways: * 1) For those people who have contributed to the campaign via credit card, the system will automatically reimburse their card via direct transfer. * 2) For those people who have contributed via bank transfer, the refund will have to be asked through their internal STARS4ALL account, where they will have the opportunity to ask for their money back by following a simple KYC procedure where they will have to certify that they are the real owners of the back account of their choice.
- If you have any question, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Project Owners
- placeWHAT IS THE TARGET GOAL?
placeWHAT IS THE CAMPAIGN PERIOD?
- The target goal represents the amount of money that you want to reach with your campaign. The goal is one of the most important elements of your campaign, so it is important to set it thoughtfully. Setting a realistic goal will help you increase credibility as it demonstrates that you have carefully considered the costs of bringing your idea to life. We recommend setting your goal to the smallest amount you need to complete your project and fulfill your perks. This will help your campaign build momentum faster.
placeWHAT DOES ALL-OR-NOTHING MEAN?
- All crowdfunding campaigns run over a definite period of time, where they are published on the platform’s website and are open to contributions. The project owner is free to decide how many days the Project will have to remain open in order to achieve its target goal. On the Stars4All Crowdfunding Platform, the campaign period is even more important than usual, as the Platform follows the all-or-nothing approach.
placeCAN I COLLECT MORE THAN THE TARGET GOAL?
- The all-or-nothing approach means that the Project Owner will receive the collected funding only if the project reaches its target goal - in other words, only if 100% of funding is achieved. If the project doesn’t reach 100% of funding, the Project Owner doesn’t receive any funding and Supporters/Backers will get their money back.
placeWHAT HAPPENS IF A PROJECT REACHES ITS GOAL BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE?
- Yes, of course. If a project manages to collect a higher amount than the one that was set as a Target Goal, all contributions will be received by the Project Owner at the end of the campaign period.
placeWHAT HAPPENS IF A PROJECT DOES NOT REACH ITS TARGET GOAL?
- The Project Owner can choose whether to continue the campaign or to terminate it in advance. A good way of handling such a (joyful) situation might be to distribute better rewards/perks to Supporters/Backers, for enjoying together the results that has been reached.
placeONCE THE CAMPAIGN IS OVER AND THE PROJECT HAS ACHIEVED ITS TARGET GOAL, HOW DOES THE PROJECT OWNER RECEIVE THE MONEY?
- According to the all-or-nothing principle, the campaign is not validated and the Project Owner receives no contributions. Supporters/Backers will then be reimbursed.
placeARE THE COSTS RELATED TO FINANCIAL TRANSACTIONS BORN BY THE PROJECT OWNER?
- During the campaign, all contributions are stored on the Supporters/Backers electronic wallet. Once the campaign is successful, the collected amount goes directly into the Project Owner’s electronic wallet. The total amount will then be paid into the Project Owner’s bank account.
placeHOW CAN I UPDATE MY COMMUNITY?
- Yes, they are. You can check out the detailed fees applied to transactions on the [Terms & Conditions page].
placeIS THERE A WIDGET TO SHARE OR EXPORT PROJECTS ON BLOGS OR SOCIAL NETWORKS?
- You can always publish updates about your project on the dedicated section on your personal page. All those who have contributed to the project or are following it, will be notified about the updates.
- Yes, you can place a widget on your website or social media page: just go to the project description page and click on the different social media icons you find (such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and email). The platform also offers you the possibility to integrate a widget into other pages: just click on the widget icon you find below the campaign video and a new window will open, offering two different formats of widgets that you can use. Simply copy the code and insert it in your pages.
- placeHOW CAN I CONTRIBUTE TO A PROJECT?
placeARE THERE OTHER WAYS TO HELP THE PROJECT I SUPPORT?
- To participate in a project, simply click on the link and contribute directly by choosing your desired amount among the available levels of contributions. Each contribution gives you the right to receive a Reward in exchange, as decided by the Project Owner and described on the left side of the campaign page.
- You can also choose to contribute without receiving any Reward in exchange: to do so, click on the “free donation” button and decide the amount you would like to donate.
placeCAN I CONTRIBUTE TO SEVERAL PROJECTS AT ONCE?
- Beyond your financial contribution, you can also support projects by relaying on your social networks and via email. Once you have made contribution you can share the link to the campaign page of the project on Facebook and Twitter, send it by email, or even use the widget to place it on your own blog and website.
placeCAN I PARTICIPATE ANONYMOUSLY?
- Yes, of course! You can contribute to as many projects as you like.
placeCAN I HIDE THE AMOUNT OF MY CONTRIBUTIONS?
- Yes. You can use a nickname on your registration form. You can also decide not to publish your contribution to the project by simply selecting this option on the summary page of your contribution.
placeHOW DO I KNOW WHEN THE PROJECT I SUPPORT REACHES ITS GOAL?
- The amount of your contribution is never made public. Only the Project Owner has access to this information.
placeCAN I CANCEL OR MODIFY THE AMOUNT OF MY CONTRIBUTIONS?
- Whether the project you support achieves its Target Goal or not, you will receive an e-mail at the end of the campaign period with a notification about the outcome.
placeWHEN I SUPPORT A PROJECT, WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION IS SENT TO THE PROJECT OWNER?
- Yes, you can cancel your contribution by sending an email to the following address: email@example.com.
- If you want to change your contribution, you can create a new transaction and seek parallel cancellation of your previous transaction.
placeWHAT ARE THE PAYMENT METHODS AVAILABLE ON THE SITE?
- The only personal information that will be sent to Project Owner is those that he will use to send you your Rewards (address, email, phone). Any other information is of course confidential, including your banking information which will never be disclosed.
placeMY PAYEMENT HAS NOT BEEN ACCEPTED. WHAT CAN I DO?
- You can pay by credit card and/or by bank transfer, depending on the choice of the Project Owner.
placeTHE BANK TRANSFER I ASKED FOR WAS NOT DONE TO DATE. WHAT DO I DO?
- Transactions you make by credit card require strong authentication with secured authorization from your bank in real time. Thus, if one of your transactions is refused, we recommend that you wait a few minutes and try again, and contact your bank if the problem persists.
placeARE PAYEMENTS SECURE?
- The average processing time for a transfer request is 5 (five) working days. We will send you an email as soon as the transfer is made. If you encounter a problem, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
placeHOW CAN I FOLLOW A PROJECT THROUGHOUT THE CAMPAIGN PERIOD?
- All your banking information related to your transactions are encrypted and secured via a chain of trust authorized and certified by the regulatory authorities. Payment solution used is the one provided by MANGOPAY.
- You can directly access the project page and monitor the project you want to follow at any time. You will also receive an email from the Project Owner at each new update that is published about the project.